Although I’m not eligible to vote but I’m still concern about the election result.
While waiting for the result to be announced, I think the broadcasting of result through television is SLOWER than social networking site (facebook).
When some facebook page already started to confirm the result, the TV is still not even broadcasting the result.
I really wonder how they how they count the vote? Count manually?
I’m also wondering why they don’t want to use online voting whereas voting venue still the same just that they uses touchscreen PC/laptop for the vote.
They can use a scanner to scan voter IC to prove that they are present then use the PC/laptop to vote.
Firstly, they can save the environment (don’t have to print the voting paper and destroy the voting form through incineration plant) and also don’t need to manually count the vote which eventually make their life easier.
Why I say so?
Simply is because they can just create a database to store their vote from each voting area and then when the polling is close, they can just transfer/convert the voting database to Excel and combine with the other same constituencies and from there, they can just see the result in less than 1 or 2 hours.
By having online voting, they can also avoid void vote.